Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Business of Art 2012
Monday, April 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM - Tuesday, April 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM (EDT)
The Business of Art is a seven week, hands on course, designed to help professional artists from all disciplines improve their business skills, and connect with their peers.
Participants will learn about the business practices necessary to sustain a career in the arts:
- GETTING STARTED: Develop an awareness of the obstacles that prevent business minded thinking
- THE BUSINESS PLAN: Learn the benefits of producing a business plan, and understand the differences between vision, mission, and identity statements
- MARKETING RESEARCH: Identify the current and potential audience
- THE MARKETING ACTION PLAN: Develop the resources, tools, and steps for creating and implementing a marketing action plan, including the implementation of social media, as well as traditional marketing strategies
- FINANCIAL PLANNING AND CONTROLS: Learn how to budget, and its importance to sustaining a long-term business
- MANAGING YOUR SMALL BUSINESS: How to identify the pillars of support needed to run a successful business; those already in place, and those that need to be further developed
The course runs from 6-9pm, on seven consecutive Mondays, beginning April 2nd and concluding with in-class presentations on May 14th.
Sessions will be held at Arts Etobicoke, 4893A Dundas Street, which is easily accessible by the TTC; free parking is also available.
Enrollment is limited, so apply early.
The Business of Art is possible thanks to the partnership of Arts Etobicoke, Mississauga Arts Council, and Lakeshore Arts.
When & Where
WorkInCulture (also known as Cultural Careers Council Ontario or CCCO) supports the people who work in the cultural sector through life-long career development and business skills training.